Saturday 20 June 2009

Beginner's Trapeze


Today I went to a local circus skill and had a go at trapeze. I loved it. It's a really good crossover from pole. I found it more demanding on the upper body though. I found I could pick stuff up fairly quickly (photo is of me doing a birdsnest).

One of the things I loved was that there are so many drops you can do. We only learnt a few, but the ones we did I enjoyed. As drops are one of my favourite things to do in pole dancing, it was perfect for me.

I'll look into doing it more regularly. They have classes weekly so I may start trapeze properly (money permitting).

We also had a go at some silks. It was at the end of the 5 hour session so I was pretty exhausted. I really want to learn how to do them.

Having visited the circus, I feel that pole fits in well with the idea of circus. Circus training is performance training and pole, to me is a performance, rather than a strict 'sport'.

2 comments:

  1. How fun that you have classes in that near you! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll hopefully start in August

    ReplyDelete