Thursday 17 June 2010

Broken Body Blues

I am currently sicker than I've been for years. I've got a terrible flu - I'm on my 11th day of it and I'm still feverish, achy and weak. I wake up each morning in pain. I guess it's getting a little better at the moment. I really need to get rid of the fever. At the moment I'm only holding at bay with paracetamol and ibuprofen.

I hate how weak I feel. Doing simple tasks takes all my energy. I can't live a normal life at all. I have to force or trick myself into eating. Fortunately, I have no problems drinking - and I desperately need to. Imagining the simplest step round the pole makes me shudder - I wouldn't even have the energy to do that. Thank goodness for the Discworld and my ability to get lost in it.

So, this week everything has stopped. I can't even stretch. All I can do is lie around and hope to get better. I'm so fed up of being ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment